This blog is not intended to treat, diagnose or mislead anyone concerning their health or weight.

This blog is not intended to treat, diagnose or mislead anyone concerning their health or weight.
These posts are merely a way to bring information, reviews and first-hand experiences to you.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Couples contest with the hubby

Ok, so let's talk about a common resolution: losing weight. The hubby and I decided to make the month of January a competitive, intense and hopefully a little lighter...by pounds, that is.

Like most people...and women for that matter, I had been putting off taking that first step to start making myself feel better about myself and my body. And even though C is perfect and I don't think he has anything to worry about with weight, he wants to do it so he can feel his best, too. Overall, of course, we want to do all of this for our 4 children.

I mean we are still young, but we aren't getting any younger. Plus, I've been noticing my energy has just been next to zero and I want to be active for the kids.

So we've created our "Couples Contest." We have a weigh-in tomorrow morning in our master bathroom and whoever loses the most weight between tomorrow and February 1st wins. Seems simple enough right? Well, I'm nervous, but I'm willing to give it a try.

With everything that's happened the last year and every year leading up to this moment, I know I can do anything I set my mind to. Besides the coveted title of the winner of this competitive contest we have going on between us, we've each chosen an incentive if we win.

I went first and decided if I lose more weight that he would have to undergo another "first time" and get a manicure and pedicure with me. It will be fun, relaxing and will be a unique experience for the both of us.

I almost wish he had gone first because my incentive seems selfish and small compared to what he wants for his incentive. He said that if he wins, he wants me to write, edit, proofread, set up a publisher and completely finish my next book. I hadn't even thought of anything like that.

My problem is I have so many ideas brewing inside my head and written down on post-its that I never know what to start or finish especially since we are always so busy. So, he gave me the option of no excuses which will probably be more rewarding than losing weight.

Well, losing the baby weight and trying to tone areas that we women rarely speak of will be a great feat, too.

I've done a lot of research, planning and brainstorming on what I'd like to do in order to make this journey a smooth one. I'm no doctor or nutritionist, but I've created a meal plan and even a daily exercise plan. I can already hear the judging before I type it...but I am also going to undergo the controversial and popular Master Cleanse to rid myself years of toxins, build-up and to pave the road to healthier eating.

If you are still with me, thank you for not shaking your finger at me. I've read a lot of reviews where people couldn't understand why someone would put themselves through such torture. "Why can't you just exercise like a normal person to lose weight?" Where that could be a legit concern, there are a lot of misconceptions about the master cleanse aka the lemonade diet.

I'm not here to be a martyr or to name drop, but I'm just here to share my experiences over the next month. I welcome any and all questions or comments...don't worry you won't hurt my feelings.

And, in case you are wondering, I'm not obese or anything. The only problem areas I have are common-my stomach (pooch lol) and my obliques (lovehandles LOL-funny word for a body part). I want to tone my butt, too. I love keeping my sweetheart happy...even though he says I'm beautiful even before we start the contest.

OK, so stay tuned for comments from me, daily grumblings, pictures documenting my progress, possible videos and meal plans, etc.

And to everyone out there: Happy New Year and good luck with all of your resolutions.

Remember:

"The longest journey begins with a single step." ~Lao-Tzu





_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Would you like to join me on the Master Cleanse?
Find out how...
http://tinyurl.com/cleanse-your-body

The most lucrative & pain-free $6 you'll ever spend...earn extra
money in just 4-6 weeks!
http://www.six4wealth.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. I lost the most weight when I had someone to exercise and share with. I think you're onto something. I wish you the best in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete